Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

The biasi riva HE is having a problem with the hot water.

Customer Question

The biasi riva HE is having a problem with the hot water. The boiler keeps turning itself off and on. The burner comes on for a few seconds then off again then on again.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 6 months ago.
Hi, is the heating ok?If it is ,is your water from the hot tap getting warm/hot , then hot and cold again ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes thats right the burner switches itself off
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The heating can be a bit like that but does warm up
Hi, just to clarify, it doe the same on heating?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes thats right
Hi, it could be a few things, but I would suspect the flame recognition probe or the temperature thermistors/stats. Try the probe first, it may just need cleaning .The stats and probe are relatively cheap
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you mean the central heating temperature probe and the d.h.w temperature probe ?
Hi , yes,could be only one or the other ,but its always worth doing both
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is the flue temperature probe part of the cleaning of probes?
Hi , no that's different. Its the flame detecting probe.With diagnosing a boiler fault its much easier if its a fault with hot water or heating and not both, as when it is more general its possible that it could be a wide range of faults, but going on experience with these the temperature sensors and flame recognition /detecting probes tend to go faulty and cause these issues the most.If you have the manual you will see these parts listed.if you don't one can be downloadedn line. Look for biasi riva he installation instructions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cleaned dhw probe the boiler now locks out on heating as well .
Hi, replace both temperature sensors.I think either the boiler is firing, not recognising there is a Flame, then firing again(flam detecting probe fault.Or the boiler temp stats are faulty, the boiler is not recognising what temperature it is
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Replaced both sensors but now boiler just locks out all the time
Hi, have you topped the pressure up to around 1.2 bar?Also the pump may need bleeding.open the bleed screw on the pump face and make sure the auto air release valve is open(small cap on top)its on top of the pump right
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I put pressure up to 1.2 bar bleed pump and made sure cap open buy know change
Hi , are all the isolation valves open?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes
Hi, I have proposed a phone call. I could only do for minimum 5 dollars as it is preset my end.if not that's ok , we can continue like thus