Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have a Trianco Contractor 50/90 Oill Fired Boiler, fitted

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Trianco Contractor 50/90 Oill Fired Boiler, fitted new 2 years ago, not missed a beat. But now it locks out after about 2 minutes.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned the fuel filter and checked fuel delivery to the pump, all ok. Fitted new Danfoss nozzle 0.85 80degEH. Still the same problem, locks out after about 2mins. Cleaned photocell, though it looked clean anyway, no difference. Run burner without photocell in, locks out after 15 secs, put it back in, locks out after 2mins as 'normal'!
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , it mayv be locking out on overheat. Check pump running, bleed system especially manual air release valves on the pipe work. If these are ok, four be a thermostat issue, does the boiler attempt to relight, ie sparking .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had the burner out of the heat exchanger and exactly the same happens, runs for approx' two mins then fuel supply is cut off as you can see the ignition sparking at the nozzle and the fan still spinning until then it locks out.No air in system and pump is working, if I keep restarting the system every few minutes all radiators around the house start getting warm!
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Possibly a thermostat issue.might not be allowing the boiler to reach full temp. If not that could be a pcb fault

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the boiler thermostat, just short circuited the stats out of the circuit, same result, two minutes running then lock out!
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Is there any evidence of overheating,i.e. settling, red hot pipes?

Can we continue late, sorry but gave to go out for a few hours.

If boiler has air pressure switch check its making.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No evidence of overheating anywhere, pipes are only warm to touch. Will look at air pressure but I don't think this has a switch.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

It may have a flue stat

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , the fault may be with the boiler thermostat. I would change the stat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no flue stat and I have already shorted out the boiler stat as I sais earlier, I moved the live feed for the pump acroos to bypass the stat in the control box so it isn't the boiler stat!
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'm out of suggestions ,it's pretty hard not being in front of the boiler. I would replace the photocell, just to rule that out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will do, thanks.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Ok