bonzaco
bonzaco, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing
26760916

How to wire a Altech programmable thermostat with RF to a

Customer Question

How to wire a Altech programmable thermostat with RF to a Worcester Greenstar cdi combi boiler
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , wire the receiver unit into the boiler wiring centre. Take the permanent live,neutral and earth(if required) from there and into connection terminals in the reciever. You will need is(live send) and or(live return) for the switching of the altech receiver.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am confused where the wires goes. Do I need to take out loop ( please refer pic) or just leave it there and take SL and Neutral from boiler's circuit board to receiver. Or just take SL only to the receiver. Please help.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi, yes take 6he ch link wire out,leave hw in. Use live from link into thermostat common and out of receiver i to ch. If you need neutral take it from the far right

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working with Altech Programmable thermostat RF(wireless), so this mean take live from link to Receiver and out to CH again.
Please refer picture attached.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK do you have a multimeter - lets try and stay on this question text and I will sort the other questions out in a moment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have multimeter, Please note that I just want the connection( as attached picture and in which terminals of the boiler i.e. yellow, orange, red) from Receiver(Altech) to the Worcester Greenstar Cdi combi boiler because it has a cordless(wireless) room thermostat.
Your early reply is very much appreciated.Thank you
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK - power off.

Orange Connector on boiler - remove both wires from the L terminal

a. Remove link wire from Central Heating (CH) from yellow terminal.

b. Connect link from HW back into Orange L together with Brown wire that you have stripped back. This is you live feed to the thermostat.

c. Connect the stripped blue cable to the Yellow CH terminal.

Assuming that you have feed the Brown to the live at the thermostat and the Blue is the switched live return from the thermostat you are now correctly connected - Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done further questions are free of charge. Thanks for using JA - Ian