Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have an Aqualisa shower, Thermostat mixer with a separate

I have an Aqualisa shower, Thermostat mixer with a separate water pump. They pump is working intermittently. I had problems back in June 2014 and a guy in the technical team of Aqualisa got me to rub two magnets over the pipes going into the pump. Luckily this worked, however this time holding the magnet can get it started however when you remove the magnet it stops. Any suggestions?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the magnets were to start the two magnet f!ow switches. These turn the pump on when they sense the water flowing. These can be bought as replacements. Replace these switches and the pump will be ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do we go about replacing the switches and does that cost much? Or will we have to replace the pump? I've attached a picture of the pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to work as I'm late already? My mobile is ***********
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I recommend replacing the pump as sometimes the insides can be scaled up and so replacing the switches doesn't always work.it involves a !little electrical wiring also.

If you get a 2 bar pump with 22mm outlets it will be easier to swap over