Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Aqualisa pump connected with push-fit flexible connector

Customer Question

Aqualisa pump connected with push-fit flexible connector pies - how do I disconnect these - brute force or a specific procedure?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi, not brute force . Ther is a clip ring that pushes in towards the fitting and this(should) releases the grab ring. Use an adjustable spanner. Close it around the 15mm pipe then slide it up to the clip and squeeze,push it onto the fitting turning the spanner as you go to ensure all the clip goes in all around.. a bit fiddly. You can buy pipe release tools from local plumbers merchants aswell

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mmmm... a bit more complicated than the technique I had employed before I got your answer. I was servicing a water pump with 22mm connections and pushing the connector further on to the pump to get the sealing ring (or whatever it is called!) into the connection, grabbing it and pulling the whole fitting up worked. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

That's great. All the best