Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Our house was built in 2010. In 2014 we experienced a leak

Customer Question

Our house was built in 2010. In 2014 we experienced a leak under the kitchen sink which was repaired by the original plumbers for £500 which I paid as I could find none of our insurers/indemnifers were prepared to accept responsibility. We have now discovered a leak on the hotwater system under the handbasin in the ensuite. We have had to track and trace the leak at the insistence of our insurers, Corgi. The original plumbers have, therefore, now traced the link - seriously corroded copper pipes which extend some way beyond the handbasin and underneath the shower unit. Corgi's plumber has warned us that we could be involved in serious inconvenience and expense as he is not happy that the pipes were properly lagged before they were covered by concrete at inception - and that therefore the whole plumbing system may need to be exposed. To whom can we turn for professional help?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I would try the financial ombudsmen to find out if the insurance company is in the wrong.

Also as the house is under 10 years old it might be covered by the builders. Then nhbc or national housebuilders c ouncil is an independent organisation. If the pipework wasn't lagged in the walls and or floors, this is bad workmanship