How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plumberpro Your Own Question
Plumberpro, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Plumberpro is online now

Ariston genus 32 he. No hot water, heating ok. Diverter

Customer Question

Ariston genus 32 he. No hot water, heating ok. Diverter valve has been replaced and now there is error code E 04. (het sensor replace). What could be the problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi, could be the hot water temperature sensor. If the sensor is faulty it would prevent the boiler firing up.definitely replace it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sensor has been replaced
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

E04 is faulty temperature probe, but if you have replaced it have you replaced the hot water flow switch ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DHW flow switch has been replaced as well
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Does the boiler fire up when you run a hot tap? Even for a few seconds

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only fires up for the heating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can it be wired for DHW instead of heating, temporarily?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi, no I don't th9nk so . I wonder if you got a faulty new temperature probe. If you have a multimeter you can test the probe using ohms setting .the reading should change on temperature change.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd have to try.You don't think it's the PCB?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Well most of the parts that are on the hot wTer side have been changed so the pcb is a possibility, but would definitely check the hot water temperature probe first.

By the way it is possible to get reconditioned pc's which are half the price.

Related Plumbing Questions