Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

My bathroom sink plughole is operated by a push-down-pull-up

Customer Question

My bathroom sink plughole is operated by a push-down-pull-up fitting on top of sink which is just a thin, fairly sharp piece of metal. (Sorry if I am not very clear) I am finding it increasingly more difficult to push this down because it hurts my hand. Is there something that could be fitted on to sharp end?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 5 months ago.

Hi, the cross attach by screws. Sometimes these become loose and the mechanism doesn't do the job properly. The screws can be readjusted u derneath which is quite girly, or you can take out the plug and buy a simple plug that can be placed in the hole

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry this does not help. The steel rod goes down a hole at back of sink. To access any screws, the sink would have to be removed from the wall. SUPPOSED to be a Philippe Starck fitting. What I want is something to fit on top of the metal rod.

Ok, does the metal rod have a thread?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No and it hurts my hand trying to push it down

Hi, I think you are going to have to get some help. Do you have a neighbour that could help, if not I think you may need to call a plumber

Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Problem now fixed

That's great.All the bezt