Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

My bathroom sink plughole is operated by a push-down-pull-up

My bathroom sink plughole is operated by a push-down-pull-up fitting on top of sink which is just a thin, fairly sharp piece of metal. (Sorry if I am not very clear) I am finding it increasingly more difficult to push this down because it hurts my hand. Is there something that could be fitted on to sharp end?

Hi, the cross attach by screws. Sometimes these become loose and the mechanism doesn't do the job properly. The screws can be readjusted u derneath which is quite girly, or you can take out the plug and buy a simple plug that can be placed in the hole

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry this does not help. The steel rod goes down a hole at back of sink. To access any screws, the sink would have to be removed from the wall. SUPPOSED to be a Philippe Starck fitting. What I want is something to fit on top of the metal rod.

Ok, does the metal rod have a thread?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and it hurts my hand trying to push it down

Hi, I think you are going to have to get some help. Do you have a neighbour that could help, if not I think you may need to call a plumber

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem now fixed

That's great.All the bezt