JamesI
JamesI, Property Manager
Experience:  I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.
75967336

Shower Mixer Valve Orientation. I plan to install a

Shower Mixer Valve Orientation.Hi...I plan to install a concealed three way thermostatic mixer valve to control flow to the main shower/bath/hand held shower. Nearly all the mixers have the taps/valves in a vertical orientation. Is there any issue with installing it horizontally ?Any recommendations for a good brand - preferably in the 100-150 pound range ?Thanks..Stuart
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi Stuart,

The mixer can be fitted in any direction, you just often find depending on what type of handle you have fitted (eg a lever) that it might be at a unusual angle (90 degrees to what you would expect), or you may find you can see the temperature gauge\dial as its to sitting to the side, so if you plan to to do it chose a suitable valve.

I try and always use Ideal Standard Trevli mixers taps, as its easy to get parts for them regardless of their age, and normally get them from ebay as end of line sales\returns and can pick them up for under £80.

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and check if you required any further assistance, and request you rate the service received so I may resolve this case.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

I havent heard from you in a few days, and I just wanted to follow up and check if you required any further assistance, if you question has now been answered I would appreicate if you can rate the service received.

James

JamesI, Property Manager
Experience: I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for the response much appreciated.