Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Mechanical Contractor
12672042

I'm interested in buying a property but they have a problem

Customer Question

I'm interested in buying a property but they have a problem with their hot water in the kitchen.
They can only get hot water from the kitchen taps if they go into the bathroom & switch on the taps there & then come back through to the kitchen. Is this a big problem or is it fairly straight forward to fix?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry for your wait.

This is likely a piping snafu where someone tapped off a service line instead of the main.

If the basement/crawl is open then it will be an easy fix....allow $300

Billy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a top floor flat in a old style tenement building. So no basement space.
The tap does get hot water but the bathroom tap (next door) needs to be put in first.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

This is contingent on piping being avail.

It is pretty obvious they have ran a line to the kitchen from a incorrect takeoff.

I still stand by reason and cost..BUT...it is based on piping being accessible to correct the issue. If the piping is boarded or finished in it will get costly fast.