JamesI
JamesI, Property Manager
Experience:  I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.
75967336

I have a Eco Tec pro 24 boiler, ( wuv gb 246/3-3 ) It shows

I have a Eco Tec pro 24 boiler, ( wuv gb 246/3-3 ) It shows a P61 fault code which can be reset but then randomly comes back often overnight when the boiler is no in use. Any advice?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Just to clarify the first letter is defiantly "P" and not a "F".

P codes are for program setting\calibration, and generally is used when commissioning the boiler to make sure all the components are working, F codes are fault codes and indicate there a hardware failure of some sort.

I can certainly help talk you through some troubleshooting steps in either case, but want to make sure im not going off in the wrong direction.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry you are right. The code is F61
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Right F61 is a hardware fault to do with the gas valve.

This may be a lose wire, or a defective valve \ actuator, at a guess you have the unit heating a hot water cylinder so its activating at night to heat your hot water and then generating the fault for you to see in the morning.

Either way this will need a gas safe engineer to attend, and check the cables are correctly connected, and potentially replace the valve\actuator, this is a rather simple task as you dont need to strip the unit down to get to the valve.

If you would like me to recommend an engineer, please provide your postcode.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need something clarified.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

I havent heard from you in a few days, and I just wanted to follow up and check if you required any further assistance, if you question has now been answered I would appreicate if you can rate the service received.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Had a gas valve fitted as advised (£200) but it didn't cure fault! Had a PCB fitted (£200) and that worked! Not happy, please take me off your contact list.