canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

My bath is draining really slowly and is now bubbling up

My bath is draining really slowly and is now bubbling up into the toilet when emptied. I have used a drain snake which goes easily into the pipe so a blockage is not the issue. What else could be the problem and how do I fix it?
If im going to need a plumber how much should I expect this to cost?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today

I injured my hand yesterday so typing with one finger and replies may take a bit to type......and might skip an adjective or two ok?

Is this upstairs or down? Do you have a septic system or city sewer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm in the uk so it's a city sewer and the bathroom is upstairs.
Sorry to hear about your hand! Hope it's on the mend soon

Thank you. No permanent damage. I was very lucky but hand will be useless for couple weeks. 29stitches but no ligaments cut. Very thankful. No other troubles in other baths? If you flush toilet waste come up in tub? If draining sink waste in tub?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sounds painful but at least there will be no lasting damage.
There is only one bath in the house and seems that the sink and bath are both bubbling up in the toilet when emptied but no the toilet is not backing up in the bath or sink although it is draining really slowly.

Yes it did hurt a bit but all the good news overshadowed that although I think my hand modeling career Is over. Is there any plumbing downstairs? If so, no issues there?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's good news although not so much about the hand modelling!! Although there's always the other one!! Unless that's your best hand of course?!
There is a sink downstairs in the kitchen and that's fine

I'm glad have this site job. Especially since I promised my Mum it'd never go back to crime! It's very good there are no issues downstairs and it sounds to be simple drain cleaning is in order. Find someone who has a drain camera and will provide the camera service free if you agree to drain cleaning service. Take a look around and see if you have any other services needed before calling for quotes. Maybe water heater flushing, drippy faucets, water pressure issues etc. Water heater and water piping flushing are necessary and will extend the life of water heater or boiler. The drain cleaning will cost around

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber and Handyman

£110.00 (my message got cut off) and a water system flush and boiler flush would likely be an additional £70. You save money having them do this on this trip as a separate trip would likely be about £120.00 and they might fix a couple little drips for nothing additional but stay firm if they seem to be trying to sell too many extra services.