Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I am planning to move my boiler from the kitchen to the

Hello, I am planning to move my boiler from the kitchen to the bathroom next door. Do I need to run a new gas pipe or can the current one be extended (by about 40cm - it only needs to go through a wall and then up to boiler again). Thank you
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have added a photo of current plan, boiler is in kitchen (middle room) where the cross box is. We would move it right abov the loo in the bedroom behind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry meant in bathroom not bedroom behind!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to specify the current boiler is a combi boiler
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Hi, pipe length can really affect the running of the boiler. It may well be ok , but will need to be double checked on recommisioning of the boiler.it's best to discuss it with your gas safe heating engineer as there are additional regs regarding boilers in bathrooms

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** where I can read re regs for boilers in bathroom, appreciate your quick response. regards
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.

Google gas pipe sizing. The length depends on size and the kilowatt rating of the boiler.