JamesI
JamesI, Property Manager
Experience:  I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.
75967336

I've got a CT75 twin Salamder Shower pump in my house. It's

I've got a CT75 twin Salamder Shower pump in my house. It's very loud and, as it is located in a bedroom cupboard, is keeping the occupant awake. Is there a quieter alternative I can purchase?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Shower pumps are generally noisy, the CT75 twin offer 2.1bar of pressure and works at around 64.1dB, there are quieter alternatives around the 50dB range, such as the one here, but they are double the prince (in excess of £200).

Your best bet would be to go to somewhere like your nearest plumb centre explain your looking for a quiet twin pump which closed pressure of 2.1 bar or more and see what they have in stock.

Other things to consider are how you can reduce some of the vibration noise from the pump, the video here explains about the use of a vibration mats, such as the one here.

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

I haven't heard from you in the last day or so, please let me know if you need any further assistance, if not I would appreciate if you could rate the service received.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi James,I was told that the CT75 twin we have is an external pump, is that not true?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

That is correct, it looks like the one here, and normally located right next to your hot water cylinder.

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you, please let me know if you need any further assistance, if not I would appreciate if you could rate the service received.

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any further follow up questions.

JamesI, Property Manager
Experience: I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.