JamesI
JamesI, Property Manager
Experience:  I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.
75967336

My shower (Galaxy 3500m 10.5kw) starts and stops very

My shower (Galaxy 3500m 10.5kw) starts and stops very quickly on a high setting and make a thumping sound. This stops if I put it on the Eco setting. Can you please tell me what the problem is.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
as above my shower has just started to play up for no apparent reason.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

How old is the shower, and have you had it serviced?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the shower is 15 months old and it has been serviced
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you there James?
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Sorry for the delay John, the fault is normally caused by a stuck flow control valve.

When you change the temperature you put more water through the element which increases pressure on that part of the circuit.

The flow regulator can sometimes get stuck causing a shuddering, and typically starts and clears it self just as quickly.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to do nothing and it will clear itself
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

I meant the fault occurs when using the shower and then often while using the shower (without turning down the temp or putting it on eco) the fault \ noise clears.

With regard to fixing the issue I would look to get a plumber out to inspect and potentially replace the flow control valve, and also clean up the pressure switch (as the diaphragm in the switch may also be responsible - though unlikely)

If you provide me with your postcode I can recommend an plumber in your area.

James

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the info. I'll sort out my own plumber. Cheers
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

No problem, appreciate if you rate the service received today.

James

JamesI, Property Manager
Experience: I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.