canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

We have a small bathroom that can only accommodate a basin

We have a small bathroom that can only accommodate a basin that is 30cm depth max. We have found a basin that is 60cm x 25cm which would get maximum sink size for the space available. However, the sink is an 'in-line' one that comes with a unit. We don't have enough space for the full unit (as we need to allow for knee space on the toilet), is it possible to use a shelf/bracket to rest the basin on instead?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Will you provide the model number of the sink that you are considering?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its Iflo in-line basin 600mm x 250mm (Travis Perkins) with number 578924
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/iflo-In-Line-Basin-White-600mm-x-250mm/p/578924

This one? click here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not quite, its the 600mm x 250mm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we use a shelf or bracket to install it, or does it have to come with the unit?

I see now. Allow me a minute or two to take a closer look.

Do you know if that particular model is discontinued?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its on the current website, so it may be selling off the last of them.
When I click on the technical/data sheet its the same one as you sent (the smaller 400mm).

Yes, it sure did. So far I have found that it will be a product that can be wall hung, just looking for the correct accessory for optimal knee space. Coming soon.

Unfortunately that particular unit can only be placed on wall hung furniture. They really do not make the information very accessible, do they?

I would recommend one of the sinks that can be mounted on a semi-pedestal. That would allow for the most knee room in the bath.

I have also confirmed with my supplier that this product is not made for wall mounting. The only way to wall mount it would be to have some sort of wall mounted base custom made.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?