Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

I had to empty the cold water tank in the loft to install a

Customer Question

Hi there, I had to empty the cold water tank in the loft to install a cold feed for a power shower. I did not shut the water off but tied the ball cock to a rafter to prevent refilling during emptying. I ran the bath and washbasin cold taps in the bathroom to empty the tank. The level dropped below the 2 outlets. On refilling the tank neither cold tap in the bathroom produces any water. I am sure there is a simple solution but I do not know what it is: any ideas?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon sorry about the delay in responding,

First I wanted to check if you still require assistance, and secondly confirm that the water tank in the loft is now full of water, but the problem remains that your still not getting cold water to the taps?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HI James, nice to hear from you but your response has come a little too late to be of any use and I had to seek earlier help elsewhere. Please confirm that my credit card will not be charged £22 for this or a refund given as appropriate. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Norman, I will ask customer services to provide a refund.

James