JamesI
JamesI, Property Manager
Experience:  I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.
75967336

I want to add a radiator to my system which is well within

Customer Question

I want to add a radiator to my system which is well within my boilers capability. My problem is that the main (1 inch) are very difficult to access; what will happen if I just take a a heat and return source from a current radiator which would result in two radiators operating in series rather than each going to the main pipes independently?
***@******.***
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  JamesI replied 27 days ago.

Hi Allan,

In order to answer your question it rather depends where you spur into the CH system.

By taking T'ing off the flow and return, this would allow the radiator to work independently as it would be in parallel.
You may need to re-balance the radiators though as in affect you have reduced the pressure and thus flow rate to the other radiators on the system, the other option is to have them in series but this would mean the second radiator would be colder than the first, and would require both to be operating at the same time so not ideal if using TRV.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 25 days ago.

Hi Allan, I would appreciate it if you could please log back in, and rate the service received, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 23 days ago.
Hi Allan, I would appreciate it if you could please log back in, and rate the service received, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.James
Expert:  JamesI replied 20 days ago.

Hi Allan, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James