JamesI
JamesI, Property Manager
Experience:  I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.
75967336

I have fitted an outside tap (done this before no problems)

Customer Question

I have fitted an outside tap (done this before no problems) I have connected the clamp to the mains cold supply under the sink and cut in the self cutting valve. When I turn the valve on, water comes out for about 3 seconds then there is a little bang and it stops, I have taken out the non return workings in the valve, and bought and tried another one. Still only goes for a couple of seconds then stops ??
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  JamesI replied 26 days ago.

It sounds like you have debris in the pipe, which may have got into the tap (if you have already checked the valve), a self cutting valve is not really suitable and should really be avoided.

I would be inclined to cut the pipe using push fit T such as the ones here, then fit a separate stopcock, before taking the pipe to the outside tap.

Should you wish to proceed as is, take the tap off the tap connector, turn on the under sink valve and see if water will gush out of the tap connector for a good minute, if it does switch it off, then strip down the tap, if it doesnt, check all the other taps which are up stream of the newly fitted valve work.

Let me know how you get on.

Expert:  JamesI replied 25 days ago.

Hi Oran, I just wanted to follow up and see if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 21 days ago.
Hi Oran, I just wanted to follow up and see if I can be of any further assistance, and if not ask for you to login and rate the service received so I can close the case.ThanksJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Hi Oran, so I can close the case please login and rate the service received using the star rating on the Just Answer page, should you need further assistance please let me know.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

James