JamesI
JamesI, Property Manager
Experience:  I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.
75967336

I was doing new laminate and i found a dampish patch. It

Customer Question

i was doing new laminate and i found a dampish patch. It wasn't damp like it had been recently damp but i had a leak a month before it. would it still be dampish under the original underlay and laminate? or should i be worried about a leak. like i said it seemed like an old patch drying
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stu, water can sit under laminate for months without drying out, as the cold floor combined with the laminate not being breathable stops it evaporating

I would dry the patch off with a hair dryer, place some tissue paper where the damp was and check in in the morning the tissue paper will easily show any damp as it goes see through.

Please let me know if I can be of any furthre assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stu, just wanted to follow up to see if you needed any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stu, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stu, so I can close the case please login and rate the service received using the star rating on the Just Answer page, should you need further assistance please let me know.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stu, so I can close the case please login and rate the service received using the star rating on the Just Answer page, should you need further assistance please let me know. Thanks James
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.