Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Have a tmv bath filler/shower off a combi boiler,the tap and

Customer Question

Have a tmv bath filler/shower off a combi boiler,the tap and valve is only a few months old.the water from boiler is ridiculously hot and I mean scalding think it's Worcester junior i and has no feature to adjust water temp hence installing the tap.The problem is this the tap will now only work on hottest setting which is you hot to shower in if you turn down temp it completely cuts out this has got worse lately but does appear at certain times to work but for most part as I said will not work at all on cooler setting any ideas please
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 2 months ago.

Im not sure what you mean re the boiler has no domestic hot water adjustment. Do you mean it doesnt work?
All combi boilers have some form of adjustment as far as I am aware.
As for the TMV it may be sticking they have a high temperature silicone in them to lubricate, If your water gets to
hot it can melt this grease away.
I would suggest you get the boiler repaired and take out the thermostat in the tmv and re-grease it with HT Silicone that can be bought either
on line or from a plumbers merchant for about £6.00