Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Toilet keeps running on push button cistern. have tried to

Customer Question

toilet keeps running on push button cistern. have tried to adjust the float but I seem to have made it worse. the Cistern empties fine, begins to fill and then once full, the toilet starts to run, and the cistern continues to top up with water.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 4 months ago.

Its probably the seal on the push button flush. They often detach from the base in a bayonet fashion you can then clean the seal and the base. If this doesnt work its a replacement valve that is required

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Brian. Thanks for your response. It was actually the inlet value washer. It had perished and had a hole in it. I've ordered a new one and attempted to seal the hole with some glue in the mean time. Thanks. Andy.
Expert:  Brian replied 4 months ago.

Glad you have fixed it