Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

High i have sink in a factory that is not getting hot water

Customer Question

high i have sink in a factory that is not getting hot water supply the hot water tank is hot the water that comes out of the tank at the drain off tap is hot but only cold water i followed the route from tank to sink and in between is what i think is a mixing valve a thermostatic one could this be the problem how could i go about checking if this is indeed the problem above the tank an expansion vessle maybe another cause of the problem what you think
thanks
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, that's ok not to worry can I cancel this question please
Expert:  Brian replied 3 months ago.

Do any of the pipes leading to the Thermostic mixing valve get hot, can you trace the hot one.
If you can then unscrew the coupling and allow it to trickle into a pot.
if the water comes out hot then the TMV
will be your problem.
Your expansion vessel will have no effect on the hot water delivery.
(its usually the Thermostic mixer )