JamesI
JamesI, Property Manager
Experience:  I have installed new and maintained existing kitchens, bathrooms, and heating systems and even a swimming pool.
75967336

My new Greenstar 30i pump runs of it's own accord, after 30

Customer Question

My new Greenstar 30i pump runs of it's own accord, after 30 secs a click, sounds like a switch, then runs for another 2.5 mins. then stops for a while. Does this all day and night with heating on or off.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Boiler's been in 2 month and it's been like it since installation.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm an engineer so no reason not to.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's it.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Where are you hearing the click, is it from within the boiler as this suggests its getting a call for heat as the click is a relay.

It could be the frost protection thermostat, I assume its just the pump circulating CH which runs, the boiler doesnt fire up, unless the timer or thermostat calls for heat?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The boiler doesn't fire only the pump runs although the blue 'boiler on' light lights for a couple of seconds at the start of the 3 mins.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The click is from within the boiler.
Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

Click suggests the boiler is getting a call for heat then as thats the relay within the PCB you hear click.

To me this suggests a faulty PCB, or frost thermostat, the boiler is still within warrenty so would call out the engineer who fitted it and get them to check the thermostat is open circuit when the fault is present, if it isnt then replace that, if it is, check the call for heat from the timer is open circuit, if that is then change the PCB if it isnt change the timer.

Expert:  JamesI replied 15 hours ago.

I havent heard from you in a while I just wanted to check in to see how you got on and if you need any further assistance.