Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

Hot water works, but no central heating bias riva plus hd

hot water works , but no central heating bias riva plus hd
Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: 1 week , no central heating at all
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its simple
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the display on the salus remoye thermostat/controller has gone blank today , new batteries fitted , but still blank . when it was displaying , the burner icon was flashing when the heating was supposed to be on
Will the boiler fire if you press the button on the receiver?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry what receiver . Managed to get a display on the remote thermostat . The salus controll box by the boiler doesn't flash green to say it's receiving a signal .
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can we arrange a phone call for tomo evening . I'm out early in the morning . But could ring in the evening
That is the receiver - is there an override button on it to enable the heating to be turned on?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No override button . Manual control on boiler but won't fire up off that either
I can tell you how to wire around it to give you heat until you get it swapped out?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sounds good to me
If you take the cover off the receiver and tell me what colour wires go to which connections?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi .
We have
Black to No
Brown to COM
Brown to L
Blue to N
L and N provide power to the stat. If you link Com and No under the same connection it will link out the stat
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Com and normally open bridged . Boiler fires up . Heating on . Put another set of new batteries in the remote stat , and the bastard has lit up . I'll let the house warm up and put ihe wires back and see what happens . Re .getting a signal .
Ok.
At least you have control back until you decide what you are going to do
;-)
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Put wires back to original and tried using thermostat . Green light on receiver not lighting up , indicating not receiving a signal . In my mind it's either not transmitting or not receiving . Is it a case of replace both ?
they come as a pair.
Usually cheaper to buy a pack that's on offer.