Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a Worcester Greenstar 30 CDI Conventional. On using

Customer Question

I have a Worcester Greenstar 30 CDI Conventional. On using the boiler the Condensate Trap fills with water and the boiler continues to run even though the timer is switched to off and the room thermostat is set to low below room temperature. If I empty the Condensate Trap and refill with 1/4 pint of water the boiler works perfectly with timer and the room thermostat until it is full again. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 month ago.
Not quite sure what you mean. The condensate trap should never fill. It should drain to a waste pipe or soakaway
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The condensate trap has a siphon tube that goes into a waste pipe. I have checked this and it is clear. The condensate trap will fill completely before any water will drain away via the siphon trap. The boiler and controls work perfectly normally if I remove the condensate trap empty it and refill with 1/4 pint of water (As per the service manual) and replace it until the condensate trap fills to the top again. The boiler then overrides the room timer switch and thermostat continuing to run.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have now called in heating engineer to look at problem. Thanks for trying to help but did not answer question.