canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

hi there, I have a message comes up on my hot tub saying FLO

hi there, I have a message comes up on my hot tub saying FLO according to my book it says no water pressure

thank you what should I do. my tub is aqua for fun
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the plumbing field. I'll be glad to assist you today. A circulation pump is used for the heating and that would likely be what is at issue here. Can you tell if this pump is running? If you cannot tell you may be able to place your hand on it and feel it running.

Customer: The pumps are running fine but this message flo keeps popping up on the little window and my instruction book says it's the water pressure, no water pressure when the pumps are running it says, check and open water valves
canuck the pro :

Have you recently filled the tub? Have you checked the filter? If you remove the filter as a test does it function then?

Customer: I have done all that but when I put pump one on. It goes into a filter and the flo message is still on
canuck the pro :

You have recently filled the tub though?

Customer: Yes, it is still filtering
canuck the pro :

I am sorry if I was unclear. Had the tub been emptied and refilled before the issue started?

Customer: No the problem was there before I emptied it and went back to the uk, now I am back and it's still there
canuck the pro :

Is the water filled above all of the jets? It may have pulled some air in before the emptying or it could have been a filter problem before and now it may be air caught in the pump. If you loosen each union one at a time until air escapes and tighten again when it is only water and do this at the union for the filter pump and the heater. Do not over loosen, just enough that the air can escape.

Customer: What does the union look like
canuck the pro :

Full Size Image
This nut that connects the plumbing to it. Union nut.

canuck the pro :

It might be black.

Customer: That's seems to have sorted it, I can't thank you enough for your help, I know where to come if I need help again
canuck the pro :

Great!

canuck the pro :

I love it when a plan comes together!

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber and Handyman