canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

Spa on sloping patio slabs

Hi. I wish to use a spa on slightly sloping patio slabs. What would be the best way to level the area under the spa?

Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. You will want to leave some slope to the area so that any rain water will go away from the house. As far as the area under the spa you could remove the slabs there and level the sand under them and replace them. Be sure to tamp the ground down so that it is packed well so that the slabs do not settle.

Customer:

Many thanks Mike. All the slabs are laid on a concrete base, so can I also use concrete to build up the slabs under the spa?

canuck the pro :

In that case you would have to at least break up the surface to add concrete to it. Otherwise the added concrete would crack.