canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

Hijust refilled tub,circulating pump not working,and panel

Hijust refilled tub,circulating pump not working,and panel showing sns flashing intermittently with temp readout.has happened a couple of times in the past,but has just started on it's own

Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the plumbing field. I'll be glad to assist you today. SNS is relating to the temperature sensor is getting an incorrect reading. What model spa do you have?

Customer:

not sure,i guess it's about ten years old,I've read in the past it may be a temporary in balance of sensors,which explains why it has gone away in the past

Customer:

sorry it's a thermospa

canuck the pro :

The sensor would not keep the pump from circulating though. If the sensor message is intermittent it could be a loose connection. Just shut the power down, open up the spa control box down below and locate on the board where the sensors cable is plugged in to it. Once you location the cable, you can following it to both sensors and check that the wire is not broken or damaged. If so then replace it. Have you been able to bleed the air out of the spa? Often air lock will occur after filling.

Customer:

no I haven't bled spa,the main pumps are working o.k just circulating pump not working,I can hear pump trying to run but nothing happening

canuck the pro :

Sns is the only error code, correct?

Customer:

yes

canuck the pro :

What has happened is the sensor has gone bad. The circulating issue would be a different problem. To remove any air that has been trapped loosen the unions on the pump one at a time only enough to release the air until water comes out then tighten.

Customer:

so the sensor reading is not causing the pump to stop working,it is an airlock that is stopping the pump running

canuck the pro :

It should circulate but it may be that it is sensing the temperature as unsafe (too hot). In that case it would not come on. The one thing we know for sure is that one of the sensors is at fault. Might as well repair that first and see if that is causing the pump to not turn on. No point doing extra work and it really cannot be used until the sensor issue is repaired anyway.

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber and Handyman