1PoolDoctor
1PoolDoctor, Technician
Experience:  Owner Pool and Spa Corporation.Past President/Regional Officer IPSSA.20yrs Exp in Repairs, Maintenace, Construction.
76328443

I have a JXXXXX XXXXXte 2 swimming pool boiler new last year. When

I have a JXXXXX XXXXXte 2 swimming pool boiler new last year. When I tried to fire it up for this year's summer season, it wouldn't! Gas and electrical servicemen have found it's the P2 pressure switch that is not 'making'. However the pump pressure appears normal. Is this a typical fault and do I need to replace the pressure sensor?
XXXXX XXXXX, 10 Summerlands, Yeovil, UK
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  1PoolDoctor replied 3 years ago.
If you are mechanically inclined you can check pressure switch, just need a volt and Ohms meter. If you don't have one, you can use a jumper wire, but meter will tell us more if pressure switch is not the problem.
Before doing that, what type of filter and filter valve do you have?
If two people have tested and told you pressure switch is bad, it is not expensive or hard to replace.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please describe what I have to do both to buy and to replace the pressure switch

All the Lite2 series heaters use the same pressure switch, unless it needed to be be changed out for your specific location.

Where is your heater installed in relation to your pool?
Is any of the plumbing/water of the whole pool system higher than the top of heater? If so, how much higher is plumbing than the top of heater?

I need to know this to know what pressure switch you will need.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The boiler is in a hut within a few feet of the pool, and is above the level of the pool.

The boiler was delivered with the standard pressure switch as far as I know.

Ok.
The pressure switch is accessible in the front cabinet on a Lite2.
It will be connected to copper tubing and has a white and black wire connected to it.
The part number your needing is for a 2# XXXXX switch:
P/n- R0013200