JamesI
JamesI, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

3 flashings lights have appeared on the control panel of the

Customer Question

3 flashings lights have appeared on the control panel of the hot tub which is the arena dimention 1. what sort of problem are we looking at?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we wait to see if you can find a solution

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,

Adam

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

The manual claims you should do two things when the lights flash "check the filter" and "check the water

level".

Assuming you have done these two, and each time you powered it off and back on the lights flash, it sounds like a technical fault.

What tempature is displayed, and does it still heat the water\maintain the tempature?

I take there is only one power supply to it, and you have tried resetting the pump\heater GFCI (trip switch)?

The fault could be a electrical one which can cost £100s to replace a circuit board, through to a fuse going which costs £1.

You need to do some troubleshooting, and see if you can get the pump to start which proves its not the pump, see if the heat element is working so you know its not the heater etc.

My guess is this is a pump or sensor issue, both can probably be fixed by a handyman it might just take some time troubleshooting it.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
Do you still require assistance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was the flow sensor .thank you

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

Excellent glad you managed to identify the sensor at fault, so I can close the case I would appreciate if you could rate my answer.

Have a lovly weekend

J