Jerry
Jerry, Technician
Experience:  Owned and operated retail pool and spa store.
34748161

Hi got a problem with my pump when the heater comes on the

Customer Question

Hi got a problem with my pump when the heater comes on the pump flashers on the panel but does not come on but when I push the pump button it starts working. It's the same when the filter comes on. Sometimes the pump hums and doesn't turn on when it's flashing on the panel .I've taken the pump out and in spins ok . And it always works when I push the button on both speeds . Have you any ideas thanks Dave
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

Hi whats the make and model of the spa?

Has this fault only recently occured in terms of the flashing icon and the pump not starting when its being heated?

When the pump light flashes is their any water circulation or are you just referring to the jets not working?

In terms of the motor not starting \ only humming this sounds like its seized every now and again, its worth checking any filters are free from debrit and there arent any air locks.

If all this comes up empty then its time to service the motor and give it a good greece, check the impeller and motor brushes, which is about 20 minutes work.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?