canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

There. I have 3 dots flashing on my hot tub and its not

Hi there. I have 3 dots flashing on my hot tub and its not heating properly :-(
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. The 3 dots are indication a flow error. This is either caused by a faulty flow switch or faulty circulation pump. If the pump seems unusually hot then that would indicate the pump is the issue. There may be something blocking the pump or wrapped around the impeller. The only other issue would be the filter is needing replacing. If you try running the spa without the filter and the error goes away then replace the filters. Soak the filters in the spa water before installing to prevent any air getting into the system and causing an airlock.