Jerry
Jerry, Technician
Experience:  Owned and operated retail pool and spa store.
34748161

I purchased my intex pure spa bubble octagna on 4 May have

Customer Question

I purchased my intex pure spa bubble octagna on 4 May have used it four times and now It will not heat to meet the temperature requirement (it seems to be stuck on 26degrees C all the time. On the advice of ***** ***** Leisure Ltd the Uk service centre, I turned the spa off for 24 hours and started the process from start once again. This showed a top temperature of 24 degrees C and hasn't moved for the past three hours. Do you have a solution please?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

There could be a couple reasons for the issue.

Firstly are you confident the display is showing the correct temp (is the water actually alot warmer)?

Secondly have you tried covering the hot tub, it maybe the ambient conditions are causing it to lose heat as fast as it producing it, thus not able to get past 26?

Thirdly have you tried filling it with hot water to see if you can get the dial to go past 26 degrees be it use warm water from a kettle or hot water tap?

These troubleshooting steps should hopefully help determine if its a faulty heater, thermostat or something else all together.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, further to my response a few days ago, I just wanted to see if you still require assistance, if you do can you please advise if you have tried manually adding hot water into the tub to see if this affects the temperature or placed a cover of the tub to reduce the potential problem with ambient temperature.