Jerry
Jerry, Technician
Experience:  Owned and operated retail pool and spa store.
34748161

I have a Hot Springs Landmark Spa. I completed a system

Customer Question

I have a Hot Springs Landmark Spa.
I completed a system clean and drain down and clean of the whole spa.
I discovered that there has been some leaking into the space underneath.
I opened the inspection panel to find that there is an extensive deposit of what appears to be dried Chlorine. White crystaline powder-like substance..........
I had not noticed any great loss of water so I am confused by this. What can have caused this please?
The hot tub remains empty and disconnected from the mains with the lid down but I do miss it and would like to get it filled and working.
What do you advise please. I live in Hornchurch. Essex.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Where are you finding the building up, is in below one of the jets, the filters, could it have come from the heater\pump?

If you had a small drip over time you would find a build up of chlorine as this would be left as the water evaporated, my guess is the water is leaking from the skimmer as if you have shock dosed the pool a lot would have gone done the skimmer.

If you can please upload a photo of what your seeing.