JamesI
JamesI, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

Ocean spa ams 2000. lcd display is dead.current getting to

ocean spa ams 2000. lcd display is dead.current getting to balboa management system.all fuses in system ok.tb was working ok previous day.no malfunction detected jp
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi John,

It suggests a short \ pcb failure on the balboa management interface or in the display itself.

Have you checked the ribbon cable going from the display?

The most likely fault is a faulty management system, you cant really get replacement PCB'd for them they are now sold as modules you just swap out.

You can check with a multi meter your getting power to the PCB, after than your looking at replacing the PCB if there is no sign of life to the spa, if there is and its just the LCD which is dead, then it points towards the LCD display being faulty.

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon John,

Just wanted to follow up to see if you needed anything else, and ask if you could please log back in to Just Answer and rate the service received using the star rating on the question page so I may resolve the case.

James

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
cleaned connections to lcd. The tub is now working. I was looking for a more serious fault on the pcb. You did point me to the the lcd cable.