JamesI
JamesI, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

I have a sterling leisure 2006 6 seater hot tub and it has

hi I have a sterling leisure 2006 6 seater hot tub and it has recantlly stopped heating up and is coming up LF what does this mean and what do I need to do to fix the problem? the tub works fine otherwise. thanks
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can wait longer
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Hi Chris,

The heater is currently in a fault mode so has stopped heating the water.

LF means Low Flow, this is normally due to a sensor fault. Have you seen any other messages appear such as HL?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi thank you for your reply.no other warning codes have come up just the LF .do you know where the sensor is located so I can try replace it? Thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

It could be one of a number of sensors, check the output and return sensors.

This will be connected on the outlet and return pipes close to the heat source.

The service manuals dont state specific locations as they are based on the control panel rather than a specific spa design.

Run the spa, disconnect the terminals to the sensor and check the resistance, then do the same to the return.

Let me know the ohm readings of each.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi will try that thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Just wanted to follow up to see how you got on?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry been busy with work. I have bought a new heater eliment complete with both sensors heat temp/flow fitted this and still comes up.LF :(
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

If its not the sensor from the heater it must be the sensor from the pump side, as LF is showing an imbalance between the two sensor inputs.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I carnt seem to find any other sensors I have had a good look and cannot see anymore. I am going to have another go at it today as I have all day to try find them.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Trace the cables from the PCB back to the pipes, I will await to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

No problem

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Hi Chris, I just wanted to follow up to see if you needed any further assistance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi sorry late reply again been away with work. The tub seems to be working fine now, I removed the heater pipes and cleaned the earth wires to the motors and it fired up and has been fine since. All though with the new eliment on and registering 40'o it doesn't feel as hot as it did with the old eliment in.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

I would base the efficiency of the heater on the temp of the outgoing water rather than the temp emitting from the heater, as you may find by cleaning the pipes you have increased flow rate thus the heat from the heater is being expelled fast and not building up.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on this page, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you please use the star rating at the top of the page to rate the service received so I may close the case, or let me know if you need further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Hi Chris, So I can close the case please use the star rating at the top of the page, to rate the service received.

James

JamesI, Electrician
Experience: James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.