Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician
21364095

I have a(NNN) NNN-NNNN5 carrera 2 20000 miles only - its recently

Customer Question

I have a(NNN) NNN-NNNN5 carrera 2 20000 miles only - its recently been serviced in swindon and been running fine. Just had a long drive then stopped briefly when it started missing as I accelerate - the engine warning light has come on and said see workshop - and when you accelerate it judders.

I am in priors marston near southam warks - what do you think it is and where can i get it sorted out.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

Expert:  Doug C. replied 4 years ago.

If this is directly after having the car serviced in Swindon, your best bet would be to take it back to them directly. While inconvenient, a 100km tow is worth the piece of mind of not potentially doing further damage as well as getting the shop to correct what is very likely a problem they inadvertantly created.

If you simply want to get it serviced where you are, be aware that you will forfeit any claim to the prior shop. Once another shop touches it, the problem is no longer the responsibility of the original shop... neither morally nor legally.

Based on your description, I would be most concerned about an intake leak somewhere or plug problem if it was related to service. If unrelated or only possibly related, a damaged ignition coil (fairly common).