PorscheDoc
PorscheDoc, Porsche Mechanic
Experience:  Porsche shop owner
14582033

hello .. i wonder if anyone can help me ,i have a 1985 porsche

Customer Question

hello .. i wonder if anyone can help me ,i have a 1985 porsche 911 targa it has been sat in garage for 3 & half years idol, was driving fine when went in but now it will start up run for 10 - 15 minutes then stop,wont start again unless i wait 5 or 6 hours each time after it has stopped . some people say its a fuel problem others electrical ,a machanic has looked at it but given up ,

if anyone can help i would be over the moon as just want to enjoy driving it again

thank you
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello

im happy to wait a bit longer so hopefully you can help

many thanks kenny

Hello Kenny,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Kenny,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello

what more information do you need .... cant think what else to rite !!!

regards

Hello Kenny,

No further information is required. Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.
Hello Kenny and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

You have already replaced the main electrical parts (coil, relay, cap etc..), but have you checked the fuel pump, filter, cleaned fuel tank etc..?
when the vehicle is turning off, is the starter operating (engine cranking)?
and if yes, when the engine is cranking, are you getting spark? and are you getting good fuel pressure?
was the fuel pressure checked?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but we need to confirm to narrow down the list of culprits, instead of replacing parts at random.

Regards, Billy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Billy

thanks for information so far , had the car running today for ten minutes as usual then stopped , when tried to restart we found no spark,i have a car electrical man coming to check pump as cant hear the pump priming when ignition is first turned .

regards kenny

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.