PorscheDoc
PorscheDoc, Porsche Mechanic
Experience:  Porsche shop owner
14582033

Hi, I bought an old Porsche Boxster (first one Ive had) recently.

Customer Question

Hi, I bought an old Porsche Boxster (first one I've had) recently. She is a 1998 2.5 right hand drive Boxster. I have noticed a soft low volume hum from the left hand side of the dashboard near the speaker which continues after the ignition switch is off! It sounds like a fan or buz from a speaker. I have taken the speaker out and disconnected it, but the sound continues! Any idea please? Kind Regards, Norman
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Norman,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi have isolated the problem to the Air Conditioning/Heater unit by removing a fuse and so cutting power to the AC/heater Fan, not sure what to do next.

Hello Norman,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing addition information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Norman,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?