PorscheDoc
PorscheDoc, Porsche Mechanic
Experience:  Porsche shop owner
14582033

I have a 2000 2.7 tiptronic Porsche Boxster and want to change

Customer Question

I have a 2000 2.7 tiptronic Porsche Boxster and want to change oils. What type and how much oil do I need for the engine and also for the tiptronic gearbox.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  PorscheDoc replied 3 years ago.
For the engine, I recommend Motul 8100XCess 5W40. You will need approximately 7L.

For the transmission, I recommend fluid from the dealer only. However, the fluid changing and filling procedure is somewhat complicated, and you will need a method of monitoring fluid temperature, usually by using a Porsche-specific scan tool. You will also need a suction gun to pump fluid up into the transmission pan from underneath, as there is no dipstick to pour fluid into. I can detail the procedure further if you are planning to do the job yourself.