Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

hi, i have a 1997 porche boxter, just wondering if a turbo

Customer Question

hi, i have a 1997 porche boxter, just wondering if a turbo will fit on it and if so, were do I get one,
thanks
p
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello P,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.

My name is peter and I hope to help answer your question.

The porches is quite a complicated beast in terms of intake air flow and intake pressures, it is possible to turbo charge them but its a complicated process as inter coolers needs to be installed, engine management modified and low compression plates need to be installed in the engine itself.

In truth it would cost more to do than selling your vehicle and adding the extra to get a turbocharged one already.

I hope this helps, any further questions on this please let me know. Don't forget to accept my answer.

Best regards
Peter

Just wondering if you've had chance to consider my response and if there is anything else I can do to help?

Please remember that I only get paid for the advice I have given if you accept my answer.

Best regards
Peter