PorscheDoc
PorscheDoc, Porsche Mechanic
Experience:  Porsche shop owner
14582033

2009 diesel cayenne engine noise

Customer Question

2009 diesel cayenne makes a noise which sounds like the noise you hear when driving at speed with the windows down. Only does it when in gear 4,5 & 6 never in 1,2 or 3 (automatic). Noise gets louder when turning around long corners or roundabouts. What could this be? I've had all tyres and wheels checked.
Another way to describe the sound would be the thudding sound of a flat tyre. It's not extremely loud but is noticeable above the radio or music. Other people can only hear it when I tell them to listen out for it with the radio off, then they can hear it.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will probably be easier to take it to the Porsche garage for them to test drive. I didn't realise that it would take so long yo get an answer.
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please can you close the question and reverse the charges?