350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for the last 22 years
12772297

Have a 911 Carrera 1984. New battery. Sometimes go out and

Have a 911 Carrera 1984. New battery. Sometimes go out and stop somewhere. To restart, it behaves like battery is flat. Leave a minute and try again, alls back to normal. Clock sometimes goes slow also.
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
doesnt happen regularly. once turned on key to no lights on dash or anything. my battery conditioner will not connect to the battery terminals: no charge light shows. ordinary trickle charger ok. Had same symptoms with last battery.
Expert:  350matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'd 1st check that the main battery connections are tight and in good condition also check the earth strap to the engine / gearbox. Then follow the main positive lead back to the engine and down to the starter motor, and check the connection at this end as well.and if thats OK then check the large fuses (40A+) agin for cracked fuses, corroded contacts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not likely to be starter motor windings or solenoid Matt?
Expert:  350matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello a faulty starter / solenoid is possible but as you mentioned the clock going slow I think its best to check the battery connections 1st
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Matt, I will give all that a try