Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a Bonnet and Boot release switch unit that I need to

Customer Question

I have a Bonnet and Boot release switch unit that I need to replace the part no. is 997 613 105 02 A05 is it something i can do myself? Many thanks for any advice.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No answer as yet still need help.
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Sorry for the delay in getting to your question! This switch is very simple to replace your self and should take no longer than 10 mins. Only basic tools are required.The switch assembly pops out of the trim, Ideally plastic trim pullers should be used to safely remove the switch without causing damage but a metal knife wrapped in soft tape e.g masking tape will work well too, or a flat blade screw driver if used with care not to damage surrounding trims. Simply insert the blade under the switch rim on the side of the switch and lift, do the same on both top and bottom and simply lift the switch out. There is a single connector to the back of the switch, this needs to be removed by pressing on the small plastic tab and giving it a wiggle/pull. The new switch simply plugs in to the connector and can be pushed firmly back into the trim.I have attached an image to give you an idea of where the retaining clips are to insert the blade, only light pressure should be required to pop it out so causing damage is highly unlikely. Please seem image attached.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions or run into any problems, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.