350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for the last 22 years
12772297

I have Porsche Cayenne 4.5 cc 2006 the temperature gage play

Customer Question

Hi I have Porsche Cayenne 4.5 cc 2006 the temperature gage play .if I drive in the city ..but on motorway stay how should be . Only in city like that .so what do u think of it thanks
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  350matt replied 11 months ago.

hello

if the temperature gauge only starts to climb when travelling in the city ( and so moving slowly ) then I say its very likely that the cooling fan isn't working

if this is true then 1st check the condition of the fan connections on the back of fan itself and if thats OK move into checking the fuse and relay in the engine bay fusebocx

Expert:  350matt replied 11 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you