Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We have a Samsung SCX-5835FN as a network printer.We have

Customer Question

We have a Samsung SCX-5835FN as a network printer.

We have changed the PC it was sending scans to.

We now have a Windows 7 machine and no longer does it receive the scans.

The self test via the Sync Thru web service address book is showing up as -
Connecting to Server, Success. Trying to Login, Success. Checking Permission, Path Error.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue. Can you let me know if the previous machine that was receiving the scans was also a Windows 7 machine?

On the Windows 7 machine, if you right-click the My Scans folder on the C drive and choose Properties-->Sharing can you let me know what users are listed and the type of control that they have?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Previous machine was an XP.

Regarding Sharing I have -

Administrators - Owner

Everyone - Read/Write

Glyn's - Read/Write

Glyn

Thanks Glyn - and what user credentials is the Samsung using when scanning, does it use the Administrator username/password XXXXX Glyn for example?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it uses Glyn's username and password.

Thanks - as a test, can you supply the username to the Samsung device in the format

Glyn's PC\username

For this we will need to know the hostname of the Windows 7 system, so if you go to Start-->Run and type cmd then click Ok.

Once the Command Prompt window has appeared, type in the following command

hostname

and press enter. It should display the system name (mine for example is steve-samsung).

Once you have that try the username in the Samsung interface as hostname\Glyn

Let me know how that goes

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Steve

Hostname PC3 so I tried both...

PC3\Glyn and PC3\Glyn\my scans

Still returned Path Error.

As a btw in the interface the complete entry is ....

SMB Server Address PC3, Server Port 139.

Glyn

Thanks Glyn, am looking at the best options and will update you as soon as possible

Cheers

Steve

Hi Glyn,

Would we be able to arrange a remote session? We can use the Google Chrome Remote Desktop feature which works well.

Let me know if this would be an option and when would be convenient. I'm based in UK and generally online between 10AM and 8PM each day

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Steve

Ready now if you have the time.

You will see the interface on the taskbar.

Glyn

Hi Glyn,

Apologies for the delay in responding - for some reason I'm not receiving the notifications when you reply.

If you can install and run this Application in Google Chrome, it should allow you to share the screen and give you a code I can use to connect and see what is happening.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Steve

466838900054

Glyn

Hi Glyn,

The connection dropped - can you generate a new session?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

283741718767

Looks like some connection issues, can you create a new session as think it is a problem my side with another application interfering?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

958808740515

Ok - the remote session is not letting me open the Permissions options there, can you open that and we'll see what is stored there?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do.

Thanks - looks like an issue with the Remote system at present so apologies. Can you add the Glyn account there with full control and then try a scan once more?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do.

Can you try amending the path to be:

"\\pc3\my scans"

And then try again?

cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Steve

The interface doesn't allow paths to start or end with a \.

Glyn

Thanks Glyn, in that case can you use

PC3\my scans

and let me know what effect that has?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Steve

Yes, just tried that.

No different I'm afraid.

Glyn

Thanks Glyn,

I'm going to be offline for the afternoon now so will open this to colleagues who should be able to assist and will have other remote desktop tools to hopefully resolve the issue.

You should get a message when they are available.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks.

No problem!