Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My MP560 printer display screen has just developed a fault

Customer Question

My MP560 printer display screen has just developed a fault - it shows nothing but a white line down the middle. Is this fixable?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The answer to your question is simple:

- If the printer works otherwise, prints and responds to controls etc., then the screen/display (or the board that drives it) is the only thing that's broken, and so replacing one or both will fix the problem.

- But if the printer is otherwise 'dead', unresponsive, etc., then the problem is overall probably fixable but also probably quite expensive to fix. You might as well replace it in that case... unless:

- If the printer is less than a year old, then just contact Canon UK and put in a failure within warranty claim on it, for free servicing and/or free replacement of the printer.

For some of the above options, here's Canon UK's contact information:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/Telephone_Numbers/telephone_numbers.aspx

or for a service center near you, on that page click the Repair Contacts tab, then choose
'Inkjet MFP' from the list of 'Product Group', and click Search.

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.