Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

new ink in printer says black ink low but will print black

Customer Question

new ink in printer says black ink low but will print black and white docs but eill not use the black when printing a colour photo
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 years ago.

S H E F I N :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
S H E F I N :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 years ago.

I apologize that I did not get you on chat. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

Follow the instructions one by one.

1. Clean the cartrdiges and replace it.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

2. Clean the cartrdiges using printer buttons.

Press the Home button, then press the Setup button and use the arrow keys to select Maintenace and press Ok. Select Clean Printhead from the options and follow the on screen instructions.

3. Align Printhead.

Press the Home button, then press the Setup button and use the arrow keys to select Maintenace and press Ok. Select Auto Align Printhead from the options and follow the on screen instructions.

Please try printing after every instructions and check if the issue persists.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

If you are happy with the response or the issue gets resolved, please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

S H E F I N