Is it the model SX215 (not SLX 215)? Also, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer?
Please do the following:
- Power on the Printer.
- Press the Index Sheet button and the Scan button at the same time on the printer in order to enter setup mode.
- Use the arrow buttons until the menu displays Nozzle Check, Check Ink Nozzles, or Maintenance.
- If you do not see these options, but you see Maintenance then press OK (or Start).
- Then use the arrow buttons again to find Nozzle Check, Check Ink Nozzles, then press OK (or Start).
- This will now print a nozzle check, this pattern should resemble the image below.
- Then carry out the head cleaning procedure with the steps on the printer's screen.
Or another way to do clean head is from the computer:
- For Windows computer, go to Start, Control panel, (Hardware and Sound), Printers
, then right-click on the Epson printer, then click on Printing preferences...
, then click on the Maintenance tab
, then you can do head cleaning there.
- For Mac computer, go to Finder -> Applications -> Epson Printer Utility (or go to System Preferences on the Apple menu / logo, then Print & Scan. Then select your printer from the Printers list box, click Options & Supplies, Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility; or click Open Print Queue and then click Utility button.) Then do clean head there.
It looks like you are away. When you are available, please let me know if there is still any issue. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.